Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Quick Update

Cody's first day of work went well. He has a cubicle and a computer, and soon he'll have an ID badge. We're hoping he gets that really soon because he can't get into the building without it. He said it took him about 15 minutes to get home last night, which isn't too bad considering that holiday shopping traffic is starting to pick up. He thinks it will go well. We're hopeful. And because he's just a file clerk, his boss told him he could wear jeans and polos--so no shopping for new clothes! That's a nice expense to dodge for a while. Plus, things are pretty slow right now, so he'll have time to learn what to do and get into the flow of things.

In other news:
  • The heaters are on full-blast at work. This dries out my contacts. I'm blinking. A lot. I look angry, but really I'm just squinting.
  • I'm gaining weight. Not a lot (I don't really know how much because I keep forgetting to weigh myself at other people's houses, and we don't own a scale.) but enough for me to finally realize that there's nothing wrong with the zipper on my favorite pair of pants except for the fact that my expanding belly is pushing it outwards. I blame Cody for this. I probably caught the weight gain from him. Drat that big man.
  • Since your mind is probably starting to wander in that direction, no, I'm not pregnant. Although I am in a bit of a quandary: do I start wearing bigger dress-style tops so you can't see how tight my jeans are getting, or do I wear shirts that fit so that you can tell I'm not some pregnant woman who got a little carried away and started wearing tents at the first sign of growth? Or, should I just cut back on sweets, exercise a little more, and start standing up straight? Hmmm....
  • Houston Nutt has resigned as head coach for the Razorbacks. The only way this affects me is that I'll get to see a whole lot more of Reggie Herring since he'll be coaching the Hogs at whatever bowl game they play (!). As much as I agree that Houston moving on was best for everyone, watching the press conference was a little sad. That said, I thought it was a really nice press conference, as far as those things go. Everyone was very nice, polite, and positive. And Coach Nutt seemed way more sincere in his resignation than the head coach of LSU. I saw some clips of that one this weekend and just laughed. I mean, if you want to get overcome with emotion and cry, go ahead. But for the love, man, don't try to force it and instead get a look on your face like you're some kind of killing machine. Pitiful.
  • I think I'm going to start wrapping Christmas presents tonight.

No comments: