Friday, November 2, 2007

Library Basement Sale!


I feel sick. My head is stuffy, I'm tired, and it hurts to breath. I thought I felt good enough to take the stairs instead of the elevator this afternoon. I was mistaken. As I was almost to the 4th floor, my phone rang. It was Cody: "Hey, I don't know how your day was going [not that hot] but I think I know something that might brighten it up. Wait, are you okay? [I am not so much breathing as I am heaving by this point. I told him I was fine, just a little winded.] Well, you remember when the library had a book sale? Are you sure you okay? What's wrong with you? [I tell him I'm fine. It's just that I'm not breathing. It's no big deal. Really.] Okay, well they're having another basement sale this weekend." Oh. My. Goodness.

This is how the basement sale works. It's 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday and Saturday at the main library in Little Rock. And then it's 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. Paperbacks are 50¢ and hardbacks are $1. It is the most awesome and exciting thing EVER!!!

When we went this winter we shopped until we couldn't carry anything more. We got a big box of books for $14. I'm telling you, this is one of the highlights of my year!

You should check it out. It will make you incredibly happy. And as a bonus sign that God loves us: the used bookstore that shares a parking lot with the library is having a sale in which all of their "gently read" books are 10% off.

Books, books, books. I feel amazing. What a spectacular day.

No comments: