Thursday, September 6, 2007

Things






I just talked to my mom and she and Dad are on their way back from North Carolina. They went to spend Labor Day weekend with Levi and go to some doctor's appointments because he injured himself. He had a MRI last night and will know the results at his appointment on Tuesday. Fortunately, this injury didn't keep from completing his Pit Crew U training, nor did it keep him from getting invited back to the next level of training: 5 on 5! Trust me, it's a big deal. He'll be able to get more training (and free physical therapy!) to be a really skinny front tire changer. It's going to be awesome. He's also going to have Internet by tonight, so....say something to him. This picture is from when Levi got Dallas a pair of really little, completely usable mechanic's gloves.






Other news:



I found out that my brother-in-law Robert is a homophobe. Literally. Gay people make him nervous. I want to find a way to capitalize on this, but I'm not sure how. Any thoughts?
Robert is on the left. This is from his wedding. To my sister.






I've decided I'm going to read almost the entire Dune series, including half of the prequels. If you've ever wondered whether or not I was a huge, flaming nerd, then I'm really glad that I can settle that for you.

I'm going to a six-year-old's birthday party this year. I don't know why I keep going to Dallas' parties (aside from the fact that I love him): we don't get to spend a lot of time together and I never get a goodie bag. The cake and visiting with friends and family is always nice, though.
I had ice cream last night. Chubby Hubby. My favorite.
I'm in between books. I feel a little lost.
Our one-year wedding anniversary is this weekend. I feel pretty happy about that. I assume Cody feels the same way.
I like Cody. Some funny things he's said lately:
-Gah. I hate video game soliloquies.
-He probably didn't invite me to his wedding because he really hates you.
-If the FBI has your fingerprints on their list, that's really bad. (He overexplains sometimes.)
-I went to Blockbuster to rent Under Siege. And maybe Under Siege 2. They weren't there. Who doesn't carry the Under Siege movies? That's some of Steven Stegall's best work! I was even going to watch them while you weren't here.
I had some really hilarious ones in mind, but they went away as soon as I started typing. Oh well. That's it for now.

No comments: