Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Allergen Levels

If we ever get cable, I'm going to park it on the Weather Channel. I used to watch it every morning when I was getting ready for school. I love it. So I went to www.weather.com to check on the pollen and mold levels of the places we'll be this week because the postings at the allergy clinic are a little vague. So here we go:

Romance
Tree pollen: none
Grass: low
Weed: moderate
Mold: high

Little Rock
Trees: none
Grass: none
Weed: moderate
Mold: high

Cordova
Trees: none
Grass: low
Weed: low
Mold: no report (I'm guessing 'high')

Columbia
Trees: none
Grass: none
Weed: very high
Mold: high

Salisbury
This is where it gets interesting
Trees: none
Grass: moderate (but it will apparently jump down to 'low' tomorrow)
Weed: moderate (but will spike to 'high' tomorrow)
Mold: no report (it's probably 'high')

What can we learn from this? A few things:
  • Mold is going to kill us all.
  • Because mold is going to kill us all, some people should start measuring the levels in their cities.
  • Apparently the Weather Channel is not on top of everything (yet).
  • Pollen levels can fluctuate wildly from day to day.
  • The Weather Channel color-codes allergen levels along the same lines of National Terror Security Levels, or just, you know, live doppler radar.
  • Vinegar probably won't solve any of your allergy woes.

2 comments:

Mom2Four said...

Thanks for the great info on killer mold, Sweetie. This killer machine just wiped out my other great comments because it wouldn't accept my password, so I had to start over with my account. AARRGH!! I may have to start phoning in my comments, even though I love to read yours.

Jen said...

Phoning in comments would be fine!